1 having no known name or identity or known source; "anonymous authors"; "anonymous donors"; "an anonymous gift" [syn: anon.] [ant: onymous]
2 not known or lacking marked individuality; "brown anonymous houses"; "anonymous bureaucrats in the Civil Service"
EtymologyFrom ανώνυμος anonymos "without name", ἀν- an- + όνυμα onyma, Æolic dialectal form of όνομα onoma "name".
- Wanting a name; not named and determined, as an animal not assigned to any species.
- Without any name acknowledged, as that of author, contributor, or the like: as, an anonymous pamphlet; an anonymous benefactor; an anonymous subscription.
- Of unknown name; whose name is withheld: as, an anonymous author.
wanting a name
- Croatian: anoniman
- Czech: bezejmenný
- German: namenlos
- Greek: ανώνυμος
- Romanian: anonim
- trreq Swedish
Without any name acknowledged
Of unknown name; whose name is withheld
- ttbc Bengali: (anamika)
- ttbc Dutch: onbekend (1), anoniem (2, 3)
- ttbc Hebrew: אלמוני (almony) , אלמונית (almonyt)
- ttbc Italian: anonimo
- ttbc Telugu: అనామిక (anaamika)
Anonymous may refer to:
- Anonymity, a
person whose name and other personally identifiable information is
- Anonymous work, art or literature, that have an anonymous, undisclosed, or unknown creator or author.
- Anonymous IV, a 13th century English student of medieval music theory whose works are a major source for modern scholars of that era.
- Rodney Anonymous, the stage name of Rodney Linderman, a Philadelphia musician and humorist.
- Jayson Sherlock, a/k/a "Anonymous", the single musician for the band Horde.
- Anonymous (group), the collective name of individuals that participate in certain online message boards, taken from the customary use of "anonymous" postings.
- Anonymous (band), an Andorran band.
- "Anonymous" (Bobby Valentino song), a 2007 single by Bobby Valentino.
- "Anonymous" (Sleater-Kinney song), a song by Sleater-Kinney.
- "Anonymous" (Spacehog song), a song by Spacehog.
- Anonymous (album), the third album by supergroup Tomahawk.
- "Anonymous" (CSI episode), a first season episode of TV crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
- Joe Klein, who used the pen name "Anonymous" while authoring Primary Colors.
Anonymus, the Latin spelling, may refer to:
anonymous in Esperanto: Anonymus
anonymous in French: anonymat
anonymous in Hungarian: Anonymus (egyértelműsítő lap)
anonymous in Finnish: Anonyymi
closet, cryptonymic, cryptonymous, incognito, inmost, innermost, innominate, interior, intimate, inward, isolated, nameless, personal, private, privy, retired, secluded, sequestered, unacknowledged, undefined, undesignated, unidentified, unknown, unnamed, unrecognized, unspecified, withdrawn, without a name